One of the lesser known beauty boxes, but also very very new is called Beauty Box 5! It promises 4-5 samples a month and comes in neatly placed in a mesh bag that is placed in a tiffany blue shipping box with crimped paper. At least I won't but wondering what to do with an empty box like I do with Glossybox and Birchbox lol.
They don't have an online shop but they do have a referral system. If you refer 5 friends, you get one box for free! Here's my link if you're interested:: Beauty Box 5
The pricing for the boxes are a little bit nicer than other boxes:
+ 1 Month :: $12
+ 3 Months :: $30
+ 12 Months :: $100
With most boxes you save maybe up to ten bucks for a one year subscription, but with BB5 you save $44.
I think it's still on the slightly obscure side. It doesn't have a monthly following on makeuptalk.com (MUT), which many other box subscribers regularly haunt. They usually post up a new thread at the end of the month to speculate what will be in the next box (ex: Glossybox October 2012).
But I believe it is getting attention. I've noticed at least one beauty vlogger unboxing their own BB5 box for September and she mentioned they did send it to her for free to try. It is very new (been around since February 2012) and has been a bit up and down since then. I believe it began to garner more attention (the positive kind), when in August they sent out full size lip products from Ellis Faas ($35 value). BB5 is a mix of full size, packets, and deluxe size samples.
Without further ado:

Beauty Box 5: September
There doesn't seem to be a theme like some of the other boxes that I get, but I've seen that there are other multiple variations to the box. I was a little worried when I saw an un-boxing video that I was going to get something that I didn't like but I was surprised to see this little gem pop up in my mailbox!
It has some really cute things!
Contents::
+ H. Wood. Beauty Lip Shine - Full Size .14oz
+ Goat Haus Dairy Bath Melt - 1 melt 50 gms
+ Silk Naturals Eyeshadow - Full Size 5g
+ Hollyren Eyelashes - 1 Pair
+ Nume Hydro Punch Hydrating Shampoo - 20ml
Quick Review::
+ Lipstick: The color I got was Poppy. It is so pretty! I love the coral shade. The lip shine collection by H. Wood. Beauty has about 5 colors I believe and the other colors that have caught my eye (Ruby and Rose are gorgeous!). This is not a pigmented color though. It has a very sheer finish. It is more like a lip balm in a fancy gold bullet tube. The site lists the following ingredients: mango butter, shea butter, jojoba oil, avocado butter, cocoa butter, and camellia oil. It's super nourishing and hydrating with a very light scent. I'm not sure yet thought but I feel like there was a slight tingle when I applied it. You can purchase it from the site here: H.Wood.Beauty You can use the code beauty25 and get 25% off (till Oct 15th).
+ Bath Melt: I thought this was a fun edition to the box. A melt is worth $2.50 and they come in 22 scents. The scent I received is called Angel Kisses which is a light vanilla scent with a hint of lavender. Goat Haus Dairy is a Texas family owned and operated dairy specializing it goat milk toiletries. They make soaps, lotions, scrubs, candles, etc. Check them out here: Goat Haus Dairy
+ Eyeshadow: I got the color Black Ice which is a black (obviously) with black and blue microglitter. It's a mineral shadow so I haven't tried it yet (I find mineral shadows to be messy...). This is a full size product and the cool thing is that it retails for $4. Silk Naturals is based in New York and run locally by Karen Stark. There are over 400 items that they make and they also try to dupe other popular colors and brands. Get 5% off on products using the code bb5sn here: Silk Naturals by Dec. 31st.+ Lashes: I also got a pair of these false lashes from Hollyren which I have never heard of before, but that doesn't really mean anything, because I've never used fake lashes before. We do have Halloween coming up so I'm sure I'll find a use for them!
+ Hair: So the description on the card says it helps prevent premature signs of aging with double-duty vitamin C... and that it promotes collagen production and brightens lackluster skin... I'm guessing that's for a skincare product we didn't get (lol). My sample says that it was created to treat dry or colored hair using argan oil, sage extract, bamboo extract and SERATIN-K. It sounds like it's supposed to be super moisturizing... I just wish it came with the conditioner. Promo code bb5 gets you $100 off at NuMe expires Dec 31st.
Overall::
I really liked the variety in this box. I got 3 cosmetic items, 1 bath item, and 1 hair item. It's really annoying to see skincare items all the time in these type of boxes.
Hopefully you enjoyed my box. I am subscribed till January I think before I decide to keep or drop this box. If you subscribe to any boxes at all, leave a comment and tell me what you got! I love seeing what other people are getting!
I'll write my September Birchbox and Glossybox soon!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment